Thank you for applying to Hillview Preschool for the 2014-2015 school year. Hillview Preschool is a nondenominational, Christian preschool dedicated to providing positive beginning school experiences for children. The mission of Hillview Preschool is to provide a stimulating, safe environment where children have the freedom to develop within limits learning through experiences and relationships. The preschool is based on developmental goals and learning activities, which are designed to be age appropriate. Our class ratios are 1 teacher per 8 students. Teachers have been selected for their warmth, love, and understanding of young children
The Hillview Preschool is sponsored by Hillview United Methodist Church. As an
outreach to the community, the church provides our classrooms and utilities, allowing us to keep our tuition costs very reasonable
Dates for registration are scheduled according to our priority placement policy. Please refer to the following schedule for your date of enrollment:
Monday, March 3rd: children of Hillview Church Members, Preschool Staff,
and Preschool Board Members
Tuesday, March 4th: children who are currently enrolled and will be returning
Wednesday, March 5th: children of “Hillview alumni” (families who have had
children enrolled previously)
Thursday, March 6th: open enrollment day for new families
* Registration hours are 9 -11:30am and 12:30 – 2:00pm each day.
* A minimum of 6 children must be enrolled in each class, except for the two year old classes which requires a minimum of four children.
Please follow these steps for enrollment
- Fill out the enrollment application.
- Read and sign the enrollment agreement
- On your appointed date of registration (refer above), return the application, and signed enrollment agreement to Hillview Preschool. A copy of your child’s birth certificate, a copy of their immunization record*, a current photo of your child and registration fee must accompany this application.
- Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis and will be numbered accordingly. It is therefore crucial that your registration package be hand delivered rather than mailed. If you are unable to deliver the application package in person, you may have another person deliver it for you on your assigned day.
* Hillview Preschool policy states that all students must be current with their immunizations. A medical exemption will be granted only when the following are presented 1. a letter from the child’s physician stating that the child has a medical condition preventing required vaccinations and 2. a State of Idaho Certificate of Exemption form completed and signed by the child’s physician and parent/guardian.
In order to ensure a positive experience for your preschooler:
- Placements for new and returning students* will be based on:
- Class preference*
- The teachers’ recommendations
- The child’s age/gender
- The needs of the individual child
* We encourage you to consider enrolling your child with a different teacher each preschool year.
- A new student enrolling in the four day 4 year old class will be observed by the teacher and Director before placement is confirmed.
- Placements will not be confirmed until after March 31st, to ensure gender balance in each class. You will be notified by letter.
I look forward to meeting you and your child.
Christy Burgoyne, Director